With the popularity of Personal Loans escalating persistently in the loan market today, I’m fairly sure that you are more or less aware of what these loans actually entail. Personal Loans are fundamental loans taken to simplify or assist you in your financial lifestyle. With the standards of living constantly on the rise on one hand and your stagnant monthly paycheques on the other, meeting day to day demands too becomes dicey. A Personal Loan is that Good Samaritan that can either serve as a necessity or a luxury.
For example, Personal Loans can support necessities like household bills, overdue rent, children’s education and furthermore, luxuries like a dream house, the long-awaited car or a needed vacation. Personal Loans are all you need when you feel tied down with flat income. Therefore, if needed, open your minds to this concept of Personal Loans because simply put – You gain from it!
Personal Loans are of 2 kinds: Secured and Unsecured Personal Loans.
Secured Personal Loans:
· Secured Personal Loans require any securable collateral to be put up against the loan. Collateral can be an asset like your home or automobile.
· Collateral lowers the risk a lender faces and hence these loans hav low interest rates and flexible repayment terms. These niceties vary with the loan amount, credit score, financial standing, etc.
· A good credit statement can lower the interest while a bad credit can reverse that.
· For Secured Personal Loans, the loan amount ranges from £5,000 to £75,000 and the repayment period extends from 5 to 25 years.
· However, any default in your payments leads to confiscation of your collateral.
· Moreover, many borrowers have no security to offer other than their home and putting your home at risk is not something most people consider.
Unsecured Personal Loans:
· Unsecured Personal Loans are based entirely on the character and financial capacity of the borrower.
· For Unsecured Personal Loans no collateral is required and hence these loans are hard to obtain. They are ideal for tenants and non homeowners as they have no property to pledge.
· As there is no security offered, a lender cannot be sure of repayment; hence is under more risk, and therefore the interest rates in this case are higher.
· For the same reason, lenders limit the value of Unsecured Personal Loans to £25,000. The interest too ranges from 7% to 30%.
· The repayment term for an unsecured loan starts from 6 months and can go up to 10 years. Usually, the loan repayment term for an unsecured loan is shorter than that for a secured loan.
· As the time taken for valuation of collateral is eliminated, theses loans are quicker to obtain and the loan amount is available very fast.
· As Unsecured Personal Loans are approved solely on the character and repayment capacity of the borrower, bad credit history becomes an obstacle in the process.
Procedure in approval of Personal Loans:
· Choose a loan with interest rates and repayment terms that suit your economic position. Expert advice is better to make yourself aware of all apt loans available.
· You need to fill out an application form. Being brief but clear is generally preferred. Easy approval is facilitated if the application form gives explicit information.
· Submit required documents like credit statement, income statement/proof, etc.
· Income verification takes place. Assets are verified through two months statements.
· The lender now makes his decision on the basis of the amount, the terms selected, your credit history, etc. This process takes 24 – 48 hours.
Today, Personal Loans are taken without hesitation. Because of this popularity of Personal Loans, more and more lenders are emerging, each offering better options than the other. Expert advice will help in making decisions. Being aware of your financial condition, you can choose your loan options better. Thus, the final decision is reserved with you. Explore your options and familiarize yourself with the terms and condition of Personal Loans before settling on any one. You can apply for these quotes at different loan lenders and thereby compare loans. You just need to shop around to find the best deal!